The County is making physical improvements to the Washington Boulevard Trail.
The work will involve installing a metal guard rail next to the roadway to help protect trail users, and installing drainage enhancements for a trail section that has experienced minor flooding.
This project is expected to begin on Monday, Feb. 3, 2020, and is projected to take two months to complete.
What to expect during construction
- Project work hours will be Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- During work hours, the section of the trail between 6th Street South and South Walter Reed Drive will be closed.
- A signed pedestrian and bicyclist detour, via South Courthouse Road and 6th Street South, will be in place when the trail is closed.
- The trail is to be reopened for use after 3:30 pm and during weekends.
- The portion of the trail south of 6th Street and within Towers Park will be unaffected by the construction, and the portion of the trail north of Walter Reed Drive will not be impacted.