After more than three years of partnership with the PSMP Update Advisory Committee, numerous public engagement activities and more than 1,000 recorded community comments, Arlington County brings forward this final draft of the updated Public Spaces Master Plan (a process otherwise known as a Plan for Our Places and Spaces–POPS).
Or, pick a section of the plan below to read:
- Introduction, Priority Actions, The Value of Public Spaces, Planning Context, Trends, Existing Public Space System
- Strategic Direction: Public Spaces
- Strategic Direction: Trails
- Strategic Direction: Resource Stewardship
- Strategic Direction: Fiscal Sustainability & Partnerships
- Strategic Direction: Programs
- Strategic Direction: Operations & Maintenance
- General Policies: Land Acquisition, Level of Service
- Specific Policies: Athletic Fields, Dog Parks & Runs, Privately Owned Public Space Design Guidelines
- Action Plan
Feedback closes Dec. 9.
The final draft of the updated Public Spaces Master Plan was developed with input from the community. View community comments about the earlier draft plan: