West phase: Wilson Boulevard from North Monroe Street to North Kenmore Street
East phase: Wilson Boulevard from North Kenmore Street to 10th Street North
Design and construction have been combined into two phases (previously three) to reduce construction impacts.
- Expected construction start - Spring 2019
- Expected construction completion - Summer 2020
- Expected construction start - Spring 2020
- Expected construction completion - Spring 2021
About the Project
Between 2009 and 2012. the County completed two previous phases (North Quincy Street to North Lincoln Street) of the Wilson Boulevard Improvements project. The County is now designing the final two phases: the west phase and the east phase.
Project elements for all phases include:
- New curb and gutter
- ADA-compliant sidewalks
- Traffic signal improvements
- Carlyle-style streetlights
- Street trees
- Storm sewer upgrades/improvements
- New asphalt paving, signing and markings
Staff provided an update at the Ashton Heights Civic Association meeting in January 2018:
Updates were presented in 2016 to Lyon Village, Lyon Park, Ashton Heights and Clarendon Courthouse civic associations and will continue as the project design progresses. Project updates and presentations to surrounding civic associations have been taking place since 2011.
This project is locally funded.