Address: 3233-3263 Columbia Pike
Northeast corner of Columbia Pike and S. Glebe Road intersection
This reports the status related to the entitlement process only and does not imply the status of any individual building permits.
This project is currently under Preliminary Review with County staff.
About the Project
The applicant, Westmont Properties, L.C. proposes to build a 6-story mixed-use building on approximately 79,237 square feet of land on the site currently occupied by multiple retail businesses and a surface parking lot. The proposal would include 250 new residential units, approximately 23,000 square feet of ground floor retail, and two levels of below-grade parking containing approximately 345 parking spaces.
- Site is currently zoned “C-2” and located within the Columbia Pike Special Revitalization District.
- Site is approximately 79,237 square feet
- 6-story, mixed-use project
- 285 reserved (tenant) parking spaces
- 60 shared (visitor/customer) spaces
- 96 bicycle spaces (84 of which located within secure storage facility)
- 3 parking spaces located on-street (S. Glebe Rd)
- Streetscape improvements on S. Glebe Road and Columbia Pike (including clear sidewalk, street trees, benches and trash bins)
Elements Under Consideration
This is a Special Exception Form Based Code Use Permit due to the existing site size which is larger than 40,000. The applicant is also requesting the following modifications from the Commercial Form Based Code:
- Construction of ground floor retail along that is less than 6 inches below grade due to topographical constraints in some areas
- July 03, 2019 - Final Submission Drawings: Combined Plan Set
- May 13, 2019 - Third Preliminary Submission Drawings: Civil Plans | Landscape Plans | Architecture Plans: Part 1 | Part 2
- Dec. 17, 2018 - Second Preliminary Submission Drawings: Civil Plans | Landscape Plans | Architecture Plans | Lighting Plans | Sign Plans |
- Aug. 17, 2018 - First Preliminary Submission Drawings: Civil Plans | Landscape Plans | Architecture Plans
- June 12: FBC Advisory Working Group Meeting (Bozman Government Center; 7pm)
- June 27: Community Meeting (Walter Reed Community Center; 7pm)
- September 2019: Planning Commission and County Board