The 75,187 sq. ft. (1.726 acres) site is located at 1122 N. Kirkwood Road at Washington Boulevard, in the Ballston-Virginia Square neighborhood and adjacent to the Lyon Village neighborhood. It is bounded on the north by the YMCA Arlington site and on the west by Baird Automotive.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
About the Project
The applicant, Eleventh Street Development, LLC, proposes redevelopment of the site, comprised of five parcels with a mixture of one-story retail and office uses, to construct a new multifamily residential building with 255 units.
Additional project details include:
- Request to amend the General Land Use Plan (GLUP) to change the GLUP designation from "Service Commercial" to "Medium" Office-Apartment-Hotel
- Request to rezone the site from C-2, Service Commercial-Community Business District, to C-O-2.5, Mixed Use District
- New 7-story multifamily building, with
- 255 units
- 190 parking spaces
- Proposed modifications for
- Required parking (0.7 spaces per unit)
- Additional density consistent with Section 15.5 of the Zoning Ordinance
- Site plan improvements and public amenities, including:
- Proposed LEED Silver certification
- Affordable Housing consistent with Section 15.5.8 of the Zoning Ordinance
- Public Art contribution
- Utility Fund contribution
- Streetscape improvements
- Fulfillment of the Nov. 2017 Washington Boulevard & Kirkwood Road Special GLUP Study "Plus" and Concept Plan
- 4.1 Site Plan Final Submission (Dec. 19, 2018)
- Application Package
- Multimodal Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA)