4102 N. Glebe Road
Date: Built 1871
Historic Designation: Local Historic District, Oct. 3, 1978
Current Use of Property: Church
Walker Chapel is the third-oldest congregation in Arlington County. The beginning of the congregation can be traced back to house-to-house Sunday School classes conducted by Mrs. Jane Bowden Edwards. The church was built in 1871, after 58 men of the Mt. Olivet Church pledged to commit resources toward the building of a church at or near the Walker Family Graveyard. Robert and James Walker donated the land for the building and later contributed their labor in the effort.
The original church was a small frame building, which was used until 1903, when a new church was built at the other end of the graveyard. The original building continued to be used for Sunday School classes until 1930, when it was dismantled. The oldest burial site at the Walker Graveyard is that of David Walker, who died in 1848.