Address: 940-950 S. George Mason Drive
Northwest corner of Columbia Pike and George Mason Intersection
This reports the status related to the entitlement process only and does not imply the status of any individual building permits.
This project was approved by the County Board on Feb. 26, 2019. Read the meeting minutes with approved site plan conditions (Item #30).
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, Village Center Partners, LLC requests a Major Use Permit Amendment to allow for approximately 160 approved residential units to be temporarily converted to hotel units under the operation of WhyHotel. WhyHotel is an alternative lodging service operating “pop-up hotel” accommodations in newly built, high quality apartment buildings during the initial lease up. The current agreement between the applicant and WhyHotel would ensure that all units are converted back to residential use within two years of the completion of construction. No changes are needed to the site plan or exterior architectural plans to accommodate the requested amendment. Only minor interior alteration to interior floor plans will be required to comply with building code regulations.
- Project approved in February 2016, currently under construction
- Zoned CP-FBC
- 6-story mixed-use building
- 350residential units
- 81,000 square feet of ground floor retail, including Harris Teeter
- Three levels of below grade parking (600 total spaces)
- December 10, 2018 - First Preliminary Submission Drawings: Architecture Plans
- Form Based Code Advisory Working Group Scheduled for January 9, 2019. No meeting materials at this time.