Explore the project site through a Virtual Walking Tour.
The 0.19-acre site is located at 1201 N. Vernon St. in the Ballston-Virginia Square Civic Association neighborhood. The site is bordered by Washington Boulevard (south) and North Vernon Street (west). It is adjacent to Bluemont Civic Association, Waycroft-Woodlawn Civic Association, Waverly Hills Civic Association, and the Ballston Business Improvement District (BID).
This reports the status related to Site Plan Review Process only (Administrative Regulation 4.1).
About the Project
The applicant, Tomas Equities, LLC, proposes to redevelop the site with a two-dwelling semi-detached residence.
- Applicant Overview of the Proposal | Slides (coming soon)
- Staff Presentation on Background and Zoning | Slides (coming soon)
Additional project details include:
- Site is zoned R-5, One-Family and Restricted Two-Family Dwelling District
- Site area is 8,355 sq. ft.
- Removal of an existing vacant single-family residence
- Shared driveway access off of N Vernon Street
Proposed modifications for:
- Minimum Lot Area/Density (8,700 sq. ft. required; 8,355 sq. ft. proposed)
- Reduced Yard Setbacks
- Reduced Parking Ratio
November 13, 2020
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Devanshi P. Patel: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
|December 18, 2020||Site Plan Acceptance|
|January 25, 2021||Site Plan Review Process Kick-off||
|February 1, 2021||Online Engagement Opportunity||
|Anticipated February 2021||Virtual Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting
This meeting will be hosted on Microsoft Teams
|Anticipated April 2021||Planning Commission Meeting
|Anticipated April 2021||County Board Meeting
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.