The skyscrapers of Rosslyn define Arlington’s majestic skyline. With towering office buildings and luxury condominiums, this urban village has been at the cutting edge of development. It’s home to some of Arlington's most recognizable office buildings, like the Twin Towers buildings, as well as high-rise apartments and condos, and a mix of smaller buildings. Just across the Key Bridge from Washington, D.C., Rosslyn is the gateway to Arlington and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Two decades ago, planners envisioned Rosslyn as a competitive first-class urban center with superior architecture and excellent urban design. Today, that vision has been realized. Rosslyn is a thriving commercial center and many well known businesses have offices here, including The Boeing Company, Raytheon and WJLA-TV. The neighborhood boasts more than 8 million square feet of office space, 2,100 hotel rooms, several urban parks and numerous restaurants.
- Realize Rosslyn - Rosslyn Sector Plan Update
- Rosslyn Multimodal Transportation Study
- Planning at a Glance
- Core of Rosslyn Transportation Study
- Georgetown-Rosslyn Gondola Study
- I-66 Multimodal Improvements Inside the Beltway
- Key Bridge Rehabilitation Project (DC project)
- Lynn Street Esplanade & Custis Trail Improvements
- Meade Street Bridge
- Repairs to Rosslyn Area Bridges
- 1901 N. Moore St. – RCA Building
- 1555 Wilson Blvd.
- 1801 N. Quinn St. – Queen's Court Apartments
- Rosslyn Plaza
- 1411 Key Blvd.
- 1401 Wilson Blvd.
- Rosslyn Gateway
- The Marine Corps War Memorial attracts more than 1 million visitors per year.
- Rosslyn Center is the largest office building in Rosslyn, with more than 725,000 square feet of office and commercial space.
- River Place cooperative — with more than 1,600 units — is one of the largest residential developments in Arlington.
- Community Events: Rosslyn hosts five annual film festivals, the Rosslyn Jazz Festival and the U.S. FreedomWalk Festival.
- The Netherlands Carillon is located in Rosslyn. A set of 50 bells in a 12-story tower, the carillon was a gift from the Netherlands to the U.S. in recognition of aid received during World War II.
- Along with Virginia Square, Clarendon, Courthouse and Ballston, Rosslyn is located on the Wilson Boulevard-Clarendon Boulevard corridor, which was named one of 10 Great Streets in the U.S. by the American Planning Association in 2008.