Bounded roughly by 16th Street to the north, Arlington Boulevard to the south, Pierce Street to the east and Queen Street to the west. The Inn of Rosslyn motel abuts the property to the south.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant proposes a new site plan for the existing Pierce Queen Apartments. The proposal is the second residential project to apply for redevelopment under the Fort Myer Heights North Plan adopted in 2008.
Proposed project details:
- Preserve and renovate two garden apartment buildings along 16th Street and demolish the remaining three structures, all of which were deemed “important” in the Historic Resources Inventory;
- Construct a new 12-story residential tower with 186 new dwelling units, for a total of 198 dwelling units on site;
- Provide 207 off-street parking spaces, located partially below grade; and
- Create a mixed-income project with approximately 40% affordable housing units.
- March 11, 2013 - County Board: Agenda (Item #21) | Board Report A | Attachment 1 (Revised 4.1 Submission) | Planning Commission Letter | Letters from the Public | Board Report B | Meeting Minutes (Item #21)
Site Plan Review Committee
- Sept. 30, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Arborist Letter | Applicant Presentation
- Feb. 21, 2013 - SPRC: Applicant Presentation
- Dec. 20, 2012 - SPRC: Applicant Presentation
- Dec. 6, 2012 - SPRC: Applicant Response | Shared-Use Path | Applicant Presentation | Building Setbacks