South side of Old Dominion Drive from the Cherrydale Firehouse to North Thomas Street.
- Summer 2014 – Tree impacts have been identified and inventoried to aid in the replacement process
- Summer/fall 2014 – Staff to work with Virginia Department of Transportation on possible pedestrian elements within the project limits
- Fall 2014 – 50 percent design; staff from Arlington Public Schools, the Department of Environmental Services and Transportation Division met to discuss pedestrian safety access to the school from Old Dominion Drive
- Fall 2015 - 90 percent design; staff to secure funding, secure easements and finalize tree inventory
- Summer 2016 - Finalizing 100 percent design to submit to VDOT; project now fully funded
- Final Design and Landscaping Plan
- Spring 2017 - 100 percent design plans are complete and constructions permits have been obtained from VDOT
- Plan Exhibit
- Spring 2018 - Anticipated start
About the Project
This project will improve pedestrian safety and access by completing a sidewalk on the south side of Old Dominion Drive from the Cherrydale Firehouse to North Thomas Street.
- Staff met with the community to share the 100 percent design plan in spring 2017.
- Staff met with the community to share the 50 percent design plan in winter 2014.
- Staff met with the community to share the 90 percent design plan in summer and fall 2015.
The project is fully funded.