South side of Old Dominion Drive from the Cherrydale Firehouse to North Thomas Street.
Out to Bid
- Project advertised for construction in January 2018 and bid opening is scheduled for February 2018.
- Plan Exhibit
- Spring 2017 - 100 percent design plans complete, project is fully funded and construction permits obtained from VDOT
- Final Design and Landscaping Plan
- Fall 2015 - 90 percent design; staff secured funding, secured easements and finalized tree inventory
- Fall 2014 – 50 percent design; staff from Arlington Public Schools, the Department of Environmental Services and Transportation Division met to discuss pedestrian safety access to the school from Old Dominion Drive
- Summer/fall 2014 – Staff worked with Virginia Department of Transportation on possible pedestrian elements within the project limits
- Summer 2014 – Tree impacts identified and inventoried to aid in the replacement process
- Spring/summer 2018 - Anticipated construction start
- Spring 2019 - Anticipated project completion
About the Project
This project will improve pedestrian safety and access by completing a sidewalk on the south side of Old Dominion Drive from the Cherrydale Firehouse to North Thomas Street.
- Staff met with the community to share the 100 percent design plan in spring 2017.
- Staff met with the community to share the 90 percent design plan in summer and fall 2015.
- Staff met with the community to share the 50 percent design plan in winter 2014.
The project is fully funded.