North Oakland Street from North Pershing Drive to Arlington Blvd/Route 50 (Ashton Heights Neighborhood)
About the Project
- A new 5’ wide concrete sidewalk will be constructed along the east side of the street
- A utility (grass) strip will also be included as part of the project, located adjacent to the sidewalk.
- The utility (grass) strip will vary in width, from two and a half feet to almost five feet. Where the width is at least four feet, opportunities may exist for street tree planting, to be determined later by the NC Program’s Landscape Architect.
- Stormwater drainage improvements will be made including some bioretention areas at two locations within the project limits.
- The street width will be narrowed to 28’-0” within most of the project limits, but on street parking will be maintained along both sides.
- The narrowed roadway will maintain two travel lanes, one in each direction, but will be considered a yield street.
- The NC street improvement project will be coordinated with a separate DES pedestrian improvement project along the North Pershing Drive Corridor at the North Oakland Street intersection.