Intersection at 9th St N and N Larrimore St (Dominion Hills Neighborhood)
June, 2021: Washington Gas has completed their gas-main replacement work. Up next: scheduling for the intersection improvements and rain garden construction. The start date is currently TBD and expected to be sometime later this summer, pending contractor availability and sequencing/completion of other construction projects currently underway. A resident Pre-Construction meeting will be held onsite 1 to 2 weeks prior to when it begins.
April 2021: The Construction Contract has been approved and awarded for this project. Construction is anticipated to start in the summer.
- The bid submitted for this project will go to the County Board for approval, Saturday, March 20th , 2021.
- Washington Gas will be onsite conducting utility relocation March through April of 2021. For more information on services scheduled, please contact:
John Tubergen, Washington Gas Rep
Mike Fortune, NPL Coordinator (on site)
- Once utility relocation work is complete, more information on next steps with regards to project construction and scheduling will be shared. A pre-construction meeting will also be scheduled prior to the hardscape work starting.
May 2020: Final design presentation posted to the N Larrimore St project page on May 28, 2020. This presentation walks residents through the final design and next steps for the proposed intersection improvement and rain garden project at 9th St N and N Larrimore St. Residents had the opportunity to submit questions, comments, or concerns using a feedback form until June 14, 2020.
March 2020: Final design review meeting postponed until further notice.
December 2019: Funding for project approved by County Board. Final design meeting to be scheduled.
October 2019: 60% plans are complete. Engineers will continue working towards 90% completion. The project is pending funding approval, which is scheduled to take place during the November 2019 County Board meeting.
March 2019: Concept design meeting was held with neighbors on March 13, 2019.
About the Project
This intersection improvement project proposes to include the installation of new 5’ sidewalks with 4’ grass utility strips, concrete curb and gutter, stormwater inlets, ADA ramps, curb bump-outs at all four corners, crosswalks, and a proposed rain garden (to be located at the northwest corner of 9th St N and N Larrimore St).
Documents and Plans
- Concept Design
- Concept Design Meeting Notes
- 60% Design Plan
- 90% Design Plan
- 90% Design Plan (Aerial)
- 90% Landscape Plan
- Rain Garden Design Plan
- Rain Garden Plant List
- Green Street Fact Sheet
- Green Street Projects Examples
- Final Design Presentation Slides
- Final Design Presentation Notes
- Final Design Presentation Video