North Highland Street from Arlington Boulevard to 1st Road North (Lyon Park Neighborhood)
About the Project
- West side of the street: 4'-0" wide concrete sidewalk adjacent to a 2'-6" to 3’-0” utility (grass) strip, curb & gutter, with ADA compliant pedestrian ramps.
- East side of the street: new curb & gutter, ADA complaint curb ramp installed at the intersection with 1st Street N, tie in to existing sidewalk.
- Driveway aprons within the project limits will be replaced.
- Asphalt street reconstruction and pavement milling/paving.
- The roadway will be narrowed to 28’, except in the area of a significant tree, where the road width will further reduce to 22’. A small portion of the street closer to Arlington Blvd. will widen slightly to 28’’, and will maintain two travel lanes, one in each direction.
- On street parking will be retained on both sides, except where the road narrows adjacent to the large tree, and where prohibited for traffic engineering ordinance reasons.