N. Evergreen Street from 11th St N, George Mason Drive, Washington Blvd, N. Columbus Street to N. Buchanan Street (Waycroft-Woodlawn)
100% drawing set is being circulated internally for final signatures. Project will then be prepared for bid and is expected to go to construction late in 2018.
About the Project
- Intersection and Pedestrian Safety improvement project to include corner nub extensions at the following intersections: N. Evergreen St and Washington Blvd; N. George Mason Drive and 11th St N; N. Evergreen St and 11th St N; and N. Buchanan St and 11th St N.
- Other improvements may include ADA compliant pedestrian ramp upgrades; 6-ft sidewalk at 4737 11th St N. up to the property line at 4731 11th St N., and ending with an ADA compliant pedestrian ramp (for access to Nelly Custis Trail).
- A potential raingarden (bio-retention) feature at N. Evergreen St & 11th St N. (1106 N. Evergreen) may be considered.
- A drainage analysis will be performed during the final design and storm sewer structures and mains may be added accordingly.
- Driveway aprons within the project limits (at locations where extensions are being constructed) will be replaced.
- Full depth roadway replacement may occur as needed throughout the project limits, as determined through the detailed design.
- Milling and paving of the roadway will be completed where needed in all other areas within the project limits.