22nd Street North to Washington Boulevard (Highland Park-Overlee Knolls Neighborhood)
About the Project
- Pedestrian safety and beautification improvements along N Ohio Street and the adjacent greenbelt/John Marshall Trail.
- Minimal disturbance to the John Marshall Trail, with County DES and DPR land ownership.
- Some existing declining tree replacement and enhancement, as determined by County DPR and NC staff Landscape Architect, Forester and Park Area Manager.
- Sidewalk, access path, trail and stormwater drainage facility improvements at the 20th Street N and 21st Street N intersections, and elsewhere within the project limits.
- Existing DVP-owned Colonial and Cobra streetlights to be replaced with LED Carlyle-style streetlights.
- Signage and striping improvements as needed.
- Other beautification and disability access improvements within the project limits.
- Asphalt street milling and paving, including some full depth pavement replacement, where needed.