The intersection of Wilson Boulevard and North Hudson Street (adjacent to the Clarendon Metrorail Station)
Project construction was completed in winter 2018.
About the Project
The intersection at North Hudson Street and Wilson Boulevard is being improved to enhance pedestrian and driver safety.
The scope of the project will include:
- Enlarging sidewalk area at the corners of the intersection
- Shortening pedestrian crosswalk distances
- Constructing sidewalk ramps compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Updating traffic and pedestrian signals
- Adjusting streetlight locations
- Repairing sidewalk pavers near adjacent tree pits
- Installing new pavement and crosswalk markings
Design updates have been shared with the Clarendon Alliance and surrounding neighborhoods.
Funding from the County's Transportation Capital Fund is being used to administer, design and construct this project.