The 2.81 acre site is located at 1400 S. Eads St. and generally bounded by 13th St. S. (to be constructed) to the north, S. Eads St. to the east, 14th St. S. (to be constructed) to the south and S. Fair St. to the west.
Check building permit status.
Update: A request for a new office/retail development was proposed in May 2019 that will supersede the 2016 site plan approval featured on this webpage.
About the Project
The applicant, 1400 Eads St. Inc., proposes to redevelop the Pentagon Industrial Center warehouse and adjacent parcels on a 122,368 square foot (2.81 acre) site with a 22-story building consisting of 577 dwelling units and 9,665 square feet of retail. The project density is proposed to be 4.69 FAR.
Additional project details include:
- The building will incorporate multiple rooflines, with heights that range from 273 feet (22-stories) at S. Eads St. and 14th St. S., tapering down to the north to 155 feet (11-stories) along 13th St. S.
- Requested amendment to the Pentagon City PDSP (SP #105) to permit an additional building up to 22 stories.
- Requested Zoning Ordinance modifications for building setbacks, required parking, percentage of compact parking spaces, and requested density exclusions.
- Initiation of a public planning process for the central park area associated with Phase 6 of Metropolitan Park, where design and programming recommendations shall be considered for an amendment to the Metropolitan Park Design Guidelines and incorporated as part of the final site plan for Phase 6.
- Development of recommendations regarding the design of the South Eads Street Linear Park as an amendment to the Metropolitan Park Design Guidelines.
- July 16, 2016 - County Board: Agenda (Item #53) | Board Report | Staff Presentation | Supplemental Report | Attachment 1 (Drawings, Part 1) | Attachment 2 (Drawings, Part 2) | Letter from the Planning Commission | Letters from the Public | Meeting Minutes
- June 16, 2016 - SPRC Meeting: Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation
- May 26, 2016 - SPRC Meeting: Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Central Park Survey Tables | Central Park Open Space Comments | Applicant Presentation
- May 12, 2016 - SPRC Meeting: Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- April 25, 2016 - SPRC Meeting: Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- April 6, 2016 - Phase 6 Central Park Open House: Meeting Flyer | Presentation
- March 28, 2016 - SPRC Meeting: Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- March 25, 2016 - SPRC Walking Tour: Walking Tour Map
- March 22, 2016 - SPRC Walking Tour: Walking Tour Map
- Metropolitan Park Design Guidelines (July 13, 2013)
- Metropolitan Park Project Booklet (November 12, 2003)
- Pentagon City Master Development Plan (February 25, 1976)
- Pentagon City Planning Task Force Report (November 12, 1997)
The Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC), a Planning Commission committee, reviews all site plans and major site plan amendment requests and tries to resolve site plan issues before proposals go to public hearings in order to reduce the number of deferrals and discussion time. It also provides a forum for the public to review and comment on plans. A complete list of meeting schedules, and documents are available on the SPRC website.