Addresses: 1400 S. Eads St. & 501 15th St. S.
The 6.2 acre site is bounded by 13th Street South (north), new South Elm Street (west), South Eads Street (east) and 15th Street South (south).
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
This proposal for new office/retail development will supersede the 2016 site plan approval for Metropolitan Park 6.
About the Project
The proposal (the initial phase of Amazon headquarters in Arlington County) includes the construction of two office buildings (Metropolitan Park 6 and Metropolitan Park 7/8) containing a total of approximately 2 million sq. ft. and approximately 67,000 sq. ft. of ground floor retail and retail equivalent uses. Proposed modifications include for density, height, and reduced parking ratio. The applicant is also requesting to exclude mechanical shafts and the child care use from the calculation of gross floor area.
Also included is a proposed amendment to the Pentagon City Phased Development Site Plan (PDSP) to convert the allocated residential density to office density, to permit office buildings at heights of up to 22 stories and additional commercial/retail density on Parcel 3 (Metropolitan Park).
4.1 Accepted Filing
Subject to change throughout the public review process.
- September 19, 2019: Revised 4.1 Plans | Revised PDSP application | Revised site plan application
- July 15, 2019: Revised 4.1 plans
- June 21, 2019: 4.1 Plans Part 1 | Final 4.1 Plans Part 2 | Application Materials | Multimodal Transportation Assessment (MMTIA) | PDSP Amendment Application
- July 10, 2019 - Met Park Phases 6 & 7/8 Community Meeting | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Planning Commission Presentation
Long Range Planning Committee
- July 15, 2019 - Long Range Planning Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., Parks Operations Building 2700 South Taylor Street, 2nd Floor | REVISED Agenda | Staff Memo | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
Site Plan Review Committee
- July 29, 2019 - Site Plan Review Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., Parks Operations Building 2700 South Taylor Street, 2nd Floor | Agenda/Staff Report | Applicant Presentation Staff Presentation | Meeting Summary
- September 23, 2019 - Site Plan Review Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., Note: change of venue – Aurora Hills Community Center, 735 18th Street South | To be preceded by an optional walking tour at 5:30 p.m. Meet in the Bartlett lobby (520 12th Street South). | Agenda/Staff Report |Staff Presentation | Revised Tour Map | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Notes
- October 14, 2019 - Site Plan Review Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., *New* Note: change of venue – Aurora Hills Community Center, 735 18th Street South | Agenda/Staff Report | Applicant Presentation
- Amazon in Arlington webpage
- July 01, 2019 - 22202 Planning Background Presentation for Planning Commission
- June 28, 2016 – Metropolitan Park Design Guidelines
- Nov. 12, 2003 – Metropolitan Park Project Booklet
- Nov. 12, 1997 – Pentagon City Planning Task Force Report
- Feb. 25, 1976 – Pentagon City Master Development Plan
For updates about this particular project, subscribe: