Addresses: 1400 S. Eads St. & 501 15th St. S.
The 6.2 acre site is bounded by 13th Street South (north), new South Elm Street (west), South Eads Street (east) and 15th Street South (south).
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
This proposal for new office/retail development will supersede this 2016 site plan approval for Metropolitan Park 6.
About the Project
The proposal (the initial phase of Amazon headquarters in Arlington County) includes the construction of two office buildings (Metropolitan Park 6 and Metropolitan Park 7/8) containing a total of approximately 2 million sq. ft. and approximately 67,000 sq. ft. of ground floor retail and retail equivalent uses. There are proposed modifications including for density, height, and reduced parking ratio. The applicant is also requesting to exclude mechanical shafts and the child care use from the calculation of gross floor area.
Also included is a proposed amendment to the Pentagon City Phased Development Site Plan (PDSP) to convert the allocated residential density to office density, to permit office buildings at heights of up to 22 stories and additional commercial/retail density on Parcel 3 (Metropolitan Park).
4.1 Accepted Filing
Subject to change throughout the public review process.
- July 15, 2019: Revised Final 4.1 plans
- June 21, 2019: Final 4.1 Plans Part 1 | Final 4.1 Plans Part 2 | Application Materials | MMTIA | PDSP Amendment Application
- July 10, 2019 - Met Park Phases 6 & 7/8 Community Meeting | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Planning Commission Presentation
- July 15, 2019 - Long Range Planning Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., Parks Operations Building 2700 South Taylor Street, 2nd Floor | REVISED Agenda | Staff Memo | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- July 29, 2019 - Site Plan Review Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., Parks Operations Building 2700 South Taylor Street, 2nd Floor | Agenda/Staff Report | Applicant Presentation Staff Presentation | Meeting Summary
- September 23, 2019 - Site Plan Review Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., Parks Operations Building 2700 South Taylor Street, 2nd Floor
- October 14, 2019 - Site Plan Review Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., Parks Operations Building 2700 South Taylor Street, 2nd Floor
- Amazon in Arlington webpage
- July 01, 2019 - 22202 Planning Background Presentation for Planning Commission
- June 28, 2016 – Metropolitan Park Design Guidelines
- Nov. 12, 2003 – Metropolitan Park Project Booklet
- Nov. 12, 1997 – Pentagon City Planning Task Force Report
- Feb. 25, 1976 – Pentagon City Master Development Plan