3601-3625 N. Fairfax Drive
Directly across the street from the Virginia Square Metro station, bounded by 10th Street to the north, N. Fairfax Drive to the south, N. Monroe Street to the east and N. Nelson Street to the west.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The project applicant, Fifth Penrose Investing Company, proposes a new multifamily residential building at 3601 and 3615 Fairfax Drive. The site currently includes a one-story bank building and two-story office building with surface parking.
Proposed project details:
- Rezone the site from C-2 Service Commercial-Community Business District to C-O Commercial Office Building, Hotel, and Multiple-Family Residential zoning district.
- Construct a 12-story residential building with up to 268 dwelling units, ground floor retail along North Fairfax Drive, cultural/educational uses and 270 underground off-street parking spaces.
- Nov. 16, 2013 - County Board: Agenda (Item #26) | Board Report A-B | Supplemental Report (Revised Conditions, Ordinance & Recommendation) | Attachment (Drawings) | Planning Commission Letter | Letters from the Public | Board Report C | Meeting Minutes (Item #26)
- Oct. 14, 2013 - PC: Meeting Agenda | Community Outreach Summary | Revised Sector Plan Compliance Matrix | Zoning Compliance Matrix | Meeting Summary | Staff Presentation | Committee Member Handout
- Oct. 1, 2013 - PC: Meeting Agenda | Meeting Summary | Staff Presentation | Staff Handout | Committee Member Handout
- Sept. 17, 2013 - PC: Meeting Agenda | Adhoc Planning Commission Committee Overview | Virginia Square Sector Plan Recommendations | Staff Presentation | Meeting Summary | Background Data for Development Summary Table
- May 13, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Massing Study
- April 22, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary
- March 28, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Notes