George Mason Dr – 11th St N to I-66 (Waycroft Woodlawn neighborhood)
Construction is expected to commence on Monday, September 28th. The contractor is A&M Concrete Corporation. Please see construction flyer notice below for contact information for the county's construction manager.
About the Project
This is a pedestrian safety and street improvement project on George Mason Drive, between 11th St N to 10th St N, just before the bridge over I-66. All improvements will be done within the existing Right of Way (ROW);
- modify existing median and lane widths
- provide curb extensions and safe crosswalks with ADA accessible ramps
- provide 5’ bike lanes on both sides of George Mason Drive
- widen the existing 4-ft sidewalks along both sides of G.M. Drive to a 6-ft sidewalk where feasible, and 5-ft sidewalk near the bike trail
- driveway aprons upgraded as needed; tree plantings
- bio-retentions in several areas
- pavement striping and signage as needed
- possible addition of rapid flash beacons at 10th St N.