Explore the project site through a Virtual Walking Tour.
The 5.14-acre (224,105 sq. ft.) site is located at 2409 S. Lowell St. in the Green Valley neighborhood. The site is bordered by Charles Drew Elementary School and Community Center (north), South Lincoln Street (east), 25th Street South (south), and South Monroe Street (west).
This reports the status related to Site Plan Review Process only (Administrative Regulation 4.1).
About the Project
The applicant, FHG Limited Partnership (AHC, Inc.), proposes the redevelopment of existing garden style apartments (Fort Henry Gardens) with four buildings of multi-family housing with above-grade parking structures.
Additional project details include:
- Requested rezoning from RA14-26, Multiple Family Dwelling District to RA8-18, Multiple Family Dwelling District
- Removal of 82 existing garden style apartments
- Redevelopment of existing residential site with 4 new buildings:
- 300 affordable residential units
- 324,708 sq. ft. of residential GFA
- 0.61 parking ratio proposed
- Proposed modifications for:
- Required parking (requirement – 1.125 parking ratio)
- Additional density as provided under the Zoning Ordinance
- Density exclusions
- Site Plan infrastructure and improvements include:
- On-site affordable housing
- Proposed Earthcraft Gold certification
- Utility Fund contribution
- Public Art contribution
- Streetscape Improvements
December 11, 2020
October 14, 2020
- Application Materials
- MMTA Transportation Study
- Site Plan Drawings
May 15, 2020
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Nia Bagley email@example.com
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
|October 13, 2020||Site Plan Acceptance|
|November 4, 2020||Site Plan Review Process Kick-off|
|November 9 - November 15, 2020||Online Engagement Opportunity
Review Focus: land use, zoning, site design, architecture, historic preservation, transportation, and open space/landscaping
|December 21, 2020||Virtual Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting
|TBD||Virtual Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting
This meeting will be hosted on Microsoft Teams
|TBD||Transportation Commission Meeting
|TBD||Planning Commission Meeting
|TBD||County Board Meeting
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.