213 N Edison St.
Arlington, VA 22203
About the Project
The Arlington Forest Civic Association approved the proposed park designs on April 24, 2019 by unanimous vote.
The group had previously identified Edison Park as their priority project for Neighborhood Conservation funding. During a robust scoping process in 2017, County staff met with community members to identify which park improvements were desired and appropriate for the space. Staff developed a concept plan and cost estimate that was approved by the Civic Association in Spring 2017. The approved concept plan for scoping was presented to and approved by the Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee during the June 2018 funding round and approved by the County Board in Nov. 2018.
The renovations will replace the existing play area with two play areas for 2-5 year-old and another for 5-12 year-olds. New furnishings and fencing will be installed along with ramps, railings and walls to improve accessibility from the street and to the park trail. Native plants will be added, and storm-water management improved.
Edison Park is a quarter acre park in the Arlington Forest Neighborhood. It features benches, a tot lot and a nature trail connecting the park to the adjoining Lubber Run. The park suffers from run-off from the surrounding neighborhood and is partially in the RPA.
About the Process
Feedback on design proposals were collected via in-person and online methods.
- Minutes for Design Working Group meeting on Feb. 13, 2019.
- Click here to review the draft designs from the working group meeting.
- Minutes from the April 19, 2017 Arlington Forest Civic Association approval vote can be viewed here. See Final Park Scoping Plan here and in the image gallery.
- See minutes from the March 8, 2017 Scoping meeting here. Group Exercise Plans can be viewed here.
- See minutes from the Jan. 25, 2017 scoping meeting here.
- See minutes from the April 24, 2019 Arlington Forest Civic Association meeting in which the final design was voted on and approved here. View the presentation made at that meeting here.
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed on upcoming meetings and next steps.