Crystal City is a fascinating neighborhood in transformation. Its prime location along the Potomac offers stunning views of Washington, D.C., and the national monuments. Underground, you can find the Gallery Underground as well as shops and access to the many hotels, office buildings and residential high-rises. The Restaurant Row on 23rd Street South is also noted for a diversity of restaurants and active nightlife. Crystal City boasts more than 4,600 hotel rooms and 170,000 square feet of meeting space. It’s close to both the Pentagon and Washington National Airport and within walking distance of the Crystal City Metro station, providing convenient access to points beyond.
A neighborhood with a heavy defense industry presence, Crystal City was significantly impacted by the government’s Base Realignment and Closure plan in 2005 that moved many defense contractors out of the area. A community planning effort provided the roadmap for transformation, detailing plans for a more vibrant, walkable and transit-oriented development with more housing options and improved public spaces.
- 12th Street South Complete Street Project
- 15th Street South/South Clark-Bell Street Realignment
- 18th Street South Complete Street Project (Eads to Fern)
- 18th Street South Realignment
- 23rd Street South Realignment
- Army Navy Drive Complete Street
- Boundary Channel Drive Interchange Project
- Crystal City Metro Station Second Entrance
- Crystal City to Reagan National Airport Multimodal Connector (CC2DCA)
- DCA South Pedestrian Access Improvements
- South Clark-Bell Street Demolition
- South Eads Street Complete Street
- Transitway Extension to Pentagon City
- VRE Crystal City Station Improvements
Private Development Projects
- 523 24th St. S. – 24th Street Duplex
- 2001 Clark St.
- 101 12th St. S – Crystal Gateway North
- 223 23rd St.
- 2525 Crystal Drive
- 1400 S. Eads St. / 501 15th St. S. – Met Park Phases 6-8
- 1900 S. Eads St. – Crystal Houses
- 400 11th St. S. – Verizon Site
- 1750 / 1770 Crystal Drive – Central District Retail Phase II
- 1550 Crystal Drive – Central District Retail Phase I
- Washington National Airport