View project status for:
- 12th Street South Complete Street Project
- 15th Street South/South Clark-Bell Street Realignment
- 18th Street South Complete Street Project - Eads Street to Fern Street
- 18th Street South Realignment
- 23rd Street South Realignment
- Crystal Drive Two-Way Conversion Phase 3
- DCA South Pedestrian Access Improvements
- South Clark-Bell Street Demolition
- South Eads Street Complete Street - 12th Street S. to Army Navy Drive
About the Project
The Crystal City Streets Program is implementing the transportation network called for in the Crystal City Sector Plan, adopted by the County Board in 2010. The Sector Plan calls for an ambitious series of projects dedicated to improving mobility and access for residents and workers in Crystal City.
The existing system of disconnected highway-style one-way streets will be converted to two-way streets connected at-grade. Mobility and safety for people who walk and bike will be enhanced, as will access for those using transit. Streetscapes also will be updated with modern lighting, new textures and styles, and new stormwater features.
Funding for the streets program includes a combination of federal, state and regional sources and an Arlington fund dedicated to infrastructure investment in Crystal City.