Arlington County is proposing to incorporate multimodal improvements during this season’s repaving effort. As part of the County’s programmatic repavement effort, both N Veitch Street (between Wilson Blvd and Lee Highway) and N Troy Street (between Wilson Blvd and Key Blvd) will be repaved in the summer of 2018. Improvements will include the reconfiguration of parking spaces on N Troy Street to accommodate additional parking spaces (total approximate gain of 8 parking spaces on N Troy Street and Wilson Blvd). It will also include changes to the parking structure on N Veitch Street to create space for a protected bike lane.
This protected bike lane will create a more bike-friendly connection between the Wilson/Clarendon Corridor and the Custis Trail.
- Phase 1: Wilson Blvd between N Oak St and N Pierce St
- Construction completed in 2016.
- Phase 2: (1) N Veitch St between Wilson Blvd and Lee Highway and (2) N Troy St between Wilson Blvd and Key Blvd
- This project is currently in design. Anticipated paving will take place in summer 2018.
- Phase 3: Wilson Blvd between N Quinn St and N Courthouse Rd
- This effort will make minor reconfigurations to the streetscape to create space for elongation of the protected bike lane currently in place (from Oak St to Quinn St in Rosslyn) into the Courthouse neighborhood.
- Phase 4: Wilson Blvd between N Courthouse Rd and N Veitch St
- The fourth phase of the Rosslyn-Courthouse protected bike lane corridor will be the segment of Wilson Blvd between N Courthouse Rd and Veitch St. This segment will occur in conjunction with Courthouse area redevelopment efforts in the next several years.