Arlington County incorporated multimodal improvements during this season’s repaving effort. As part of the County’s programmatic repavement effort, both N Veitch Street (between Wilson Blvd and Lee Highway) and N Troy Street (between Wilson Blvd and Key Blvd) were repaved in the summer/fall of 2018. Multimodal improvements included the reconfiguration of parking spaces on N Troy Street to accommodate additional parking spaces (total gain of 8-10 parking spaces on N Troy Street). It also included changes to the parking structure on N Veitch Street to create space for a protected bike lane.
This protected bike lane will create a more bike-friendly connection between the Wilson/Clarendon Corridor and the Custis Trail.
- Phase 1: Wilson Blvd between N Oak St and N Pierce St
- Construction completed in 2016.
- Phase 2: (1) N Veitch St between Wilson Blvd and Lee Highway and (2) N Troy St between Wilson Blvd and Key Blvd
- Paving and markings completed in summer-fall 2018.
- Phase 3: Wilson Blvd between N Quinn St and N Courthouse Rd
- Completed minor reconfigurations in summer-fall 2018 to the streetscape to create space for elongation of the protected bike lane currently in place (from Oak St to Quinn St in Rosslyn) into the Courthouse neighborhood.
- Phase 4: Wilson Blvd between N Courthouse Rd and N Veitch St
- The fourth phase of the Rosslyn-Courthouse protected bike lane corridor will be the segment of Wilson Blvd between N Courthouse Rd and Veitch St. This segment will occur in conjunction with Courthouse area redevelopment efforts in the next several years.