3211 Wilson Blvd.
Date: Built 1921
Historic Designation: Local Historic District, Nov. 16, 1985
Current Use of Property: Private business
The Clarendon Citizens’ Hall is one of the key buildings in historic Clarendon. It played a significant role in the early development of the Clarendon area and has long been a well-known landmark in the community. Over the years, the building has been home to a number of citizens’ organizations, including the Clarendon Citizens’ Association, the Third Volunteer Fire Department and the library of the Women’s Civic Club of Clarendon. It later housed the offices of two early community newspapers, The Chronicle and The Arlington Press. Today the building serves as a popular and well-known coffee house and remains a hub of the bustling streetscape of Clarendon.
The Clarendon Citizens’ Hall was built around 1921. The commercial heart of Clarendon developed around it during the 1920s and 1930s as the area became a popular shopping destination.
Clarendon Citizens’ Hall sits on a 6,697-square-foot parcel on the north side of Wilson Boulevard at its intersection with Fairfax Drive. The building is two and one-half stories capped with a hipped roof, with a stuccoed steel frame, and tile walls.