1680 N Sycamore Street, Arlington, VA 22205
Start Date: 1st Quarter 2018 (Design)
End Date: 3rd Quarter 2019 (Design)
About the Project
The Benjamin Banneker Park Project includes:
- Capital Maintenance replacement/renovations of existing park amenities, which include parking, circulation, dog park, athletic field and playground.
- Redesign and construct the segment of the Four Mile Run and W&OD multi-purpose trail that runs through the park.
- Development of overall park concepts to provide long-term planning guidance for the most recently acquired parcels along 18th Street North for incorporation into the park and related future improvements.
Van Buren Bridge Project
The Van Buren Bridge Project is a City of Falls Church project taking place adjacent to the park. Construction is scheduled to begin early October 2017 through Spring 2018. Bridge access will be closed during construction. For more information and project contacts, read the letter to residents or visit their project page here.
About the Process
Design staff will be leading design workshop meeting focused on improvements to the Benjamin Banneker Park playground. The meeting will review the existing playground features and input from the existing conditions survey (November 2016) and focus on the overall playground use, themes for consideration and input on play equipment and user experience.
Framework Plan Adopted by the County Board Dec. 16, 2017
- Dec. 16, 2017 Presentation, Framework Plan Report
- July 12, 2017 Presentation
- April 4, 2017 Presentation, Exhibit Boards
- Nov. 14, 2016 Presentation
Sign Up to Receive Updates on this Project
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed on upcoming meetings and next steps.
Capital Improvement Programs (Parks Maintenance Capital & Trail Modernization Program)