Ballston is a thriving neighborhood with all of the hustle and bustle of a busy downtown, which was the 30 years ago when this neighborhood was envisioned as a “new downtown” in central Arlington. Located at the western end of the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor, Ballston is a major transportation hub and boasts one of the nation’s highest concentrations of scientific research agencies, including the Office of Naval Research, the Virginia Tech Advanced Research Institute and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
Anchored by the busy Ballston-Marymount University Metro station, this neighborhood has it all – office and residential buildings, hotels, shops, restaurants and attractive open spaces. Just a few blocks away, the landscape fades into quiet residential neighborhoods with manicured parks and single-family homes.
- Ballston-Cherrydale Multimodal Safety Improvements
- Ballston Beaver Pond Restoration
- Ballston-MU Metro Station Multimodal Improvements
- Ballston-MU Metro Station West Entrance
- I-66 Multimodal Improvements Inside the Beltway
- Mosaic Park
- Wilson Boulevard Improvements
Private Development Projects
- 600 N. Glebe Road – Harris Teeter Site
- 4100 Wilson Blvd. – WhyHotel
- 1031 N. Vermont St. – 11th and Vermont
- Ballston Quarter Redevelopment