The 32,629 sq. ft. (0.79 acres) site is located at 4201 N. Fairfax Drive, in Ballston on the block generally bounded by 11th Street to the north, N. Stafford Street to the east, N. Fairfax Drive to the south and N. Stuart street to the west.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, Ballston Station Housing Corporation (Bozzuto Development Company and Monticello Partners), proposes redevelopment of Ballston Central United Methodist Church for construction of an 8-story residential building that would incorporate a new church, with on-site childcare and a preschool on the first two floors. The housing component of the project would be mixed income with a total of 119 dwelling units of which 48 would be committed as affordable. In order to facilitate the proposed development the applicant also requests to change the zoning of the site from “C-2” to “R-C” and to vacate the public alley. A total of 131 parking spaces are proposed for the residential and church uses below grade.
Additional Project Details:
- 125,096 sf Residential (119 Units)
- 23,499 sf Church, Childcare and Preschool Space
- 131 Parking Spaces
- 119 Spaces Residential Use (one space per unit)
- 12 Spaces Church Use (one space per 16 seats)
- 49 Bicycle Parking Spaces
- LEED Silver
- 48 On-Site Affordable Dwelling Units
- Jan. 17, 2017, 4.1 Resubmission: Architecture Plans | Civil Plans Part I | Civil Plans Part II | Landscape Plans
- Nov. 15, 2016, 4.1 Resubmission: Architecture Plans | Civil Plans Part I | Civil Plans Part II | Landscape Plans
- Aug. 17, 2016: 4.1 Application
- July 15, 2016, 4.1 Drawings: Architecture Plans | Civil Plans Part I | Civil Plans Part II | Landscape Plans
- Feb. 28, 2016 - County Board: Agenda (Item #31) | Board Report | Staff Presentation | Drawings | Architecture Plans | Meeting Minutes
- Feb, 2, 2017 SPRC - Agenda/Staff Report | Applicant Presentation | Ball Family Representative Letter (January 30)
- Jan. 19, 2017 SPRC - Agenda | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation
- Dec. 15, 2016 SPRC - Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Application Presentation |Ball Family Representative Letter