7th Street South Dead End to the Washington & Old Dominion (W & O D) Trail (Barcroft Neighborhood)
The 7th Street S Trail Connector Project is substantially complete. Please see image gallery to the right for before and after photos.
- The 7th St. S Trail Connector Project has started construction and completion is anticipated by early spring of this year.
- Construction Hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, with contractors on-site and setting up as early as 7 am.
- Access from 7th St. S onto the W&OD trail is closed for the duration of the construction project. Residents should utilize the next closest access point to the W&OD Trail from 9th St. S.
About the Project
- Asphalt paving of an existing compacted gravel trail, widened as-needed to maintain an 8’-0” width.
- Minimal disturbance to the area within Glencarlyn Park, with County DPR and NVRPA land ownership.
- Some existing invasive plant species removal with tree replacement and enhancement, as determined by County DPR and NC staff Landscape Architects and Foresters.
- Signage and striping improvements at the 4800 Block dead end of 7th Street S and at the W & O D Trail.
- Stormwater drainage improvements will be made to existing facilities.