7th Street South Dead End to the Washington & Old Dominion (W & O D) Trail (Barcroft Neighborhood)
About the Project
- Asphalt paving of an existing compacted gravel trail, widened as-needed to maintain an 8’-0” width.
- Minimal disturbance to the area within Glencarlyn Park, with County DPR and NVRPA land ownership.
- Some existing invasive plant species removal with tree replacement and enhancement, as determined by County DPR and NC staff Landscape Architects and Foresters.
- Signage and striping improvements at the 4800 Block dead end of 7th Street S and at the W & O D Trail.
- Stormwater drainage improvements will be made to existing facilities.
Documents and Plans
- Conceptual Design Plan (Sept. 26, 2013)
- The Final Design was presented as an agenda item to the Barcroft School and Civic League at their monthly meeting on February 1, 2018. See civic association’s website for minutes on the presentation.