The 73,730 sq. ft. (1.69 acres) site is located at 6711 Lee Highway, in the Arlington-East Falls Church neighborhood at the northwest corner of Lee Highway and North Underwood Street. It is bounded on the north by Charles A. Stewart Park and on the west by the Fenwick Court townhouse development.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, NVR Inc., proposes to construct 27 townhouses on the site of the three-story SunTrust Bank building and its surface parking lot. In order to facilitate the proposed development, the applicant also requests to change the zoning of the site from “C-O” to “RA8-18.”
Additional project details:
- 27 new townhouses, varying in height (3-4 stories)
- Proposed project density is 16 units per acre
- Proposed parking includes a two-car garage for each unit and 10 on-site visitor parking spaces, for a total of 64 off-street spaces (2.37 spaces per unit).
- Oct. 11, 2017: 4.1 Submission Civil Sheets 1 | Civil Sheets 2 | Architecture Sheets
- June 23, 2017: 4.1 Submission Civil and Landscape Sheets | Architecture Sheets
- June 23, 2017: Application and Support Statement
- May 4, 2017: Traffic Impact Study
County Board Public Hearing
- Nov. 18, 2017: Agenda (Item #45) | Board Report | Staff Presentation | Board Report Supplemental Report | Letter from the Planning Commission | Meeting Minutes
Site Plan Review Committee
- Oct. 2, 2017: Agenda and Staff Report | Applicant Presentation
- Sept. 18, 2017: Agenda and Staff Report | Applicant Presentation
- July 24, 2017: Agenda and Staff Report | Applicant Presentation | Staff Presentation | Meeting Summary