The site is bounded by N. Glebe Road (northeast), N. Carlin Springs Road (southeast), and 7th Street N. (northwest). The site is immediately adjacent to townhouses to the west on the subject block. The residents of this area are represented by the Bluemont Civic Association.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, The Penrose Group, requests a new site plan to redevelop the site with a six-story residential building containing 178 apartment units, approx. 4,500 square feet of retail, and 178 parking spaces in a two-level below-grade garage. The project would include demolition of the existing Exxon station on site.
Proposed project details:
- The proposed project density is approx. 185,000 square feet of gross floor area for 4.20 floor-area-ratio.
- The applicant proposes .96 FAR bonus density in exchange for LEED Silver certification and both on-site affordable dwelling units and an cash contribution to the Affordable Housing Investment Fund. The developer also proposes a contribution to the public art fund.
- The project would provide 178 off-street parking spaces in a two-level below-grade garage (1 space/unit). The applicant requests a modification for retail parking.
- Oct. 17, 2015 - County Board: Agenda (Item #36) | Board Report | Supplemental Report (Revised Conditions) | Letter from the Public | Letter from the Planning Commission | Meeting Minutes (Item #36)
- Oct. 05, 2015 - PC: Staff Presentation
- June 15, 2015 - SPRC: Meeting Summary
- May 18, 2015 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Applicant Presentation | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation
- April 16, 2015 - SPRC: Meeting Summary
- March 9, 2015, SPRC: Meeting Summary | Applicant Presentation | Staff Presentation