Addresses: 600 N. Glebe Road, 616 N. Glebe Road, 624 N. Glebe Road, 640 N. Glebe Road, and 525 N. Thomas St.
The 269,558 sq. ft. (6.1 acre) site is bounded by North Glebe Road (north) and North Thomas Street (south).
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
About the Project
The applicant, SEHT North Glebe, LLC, proposes redevelopment of the existing Harris Teeter grocery and American Service Center site with a mixed-use project, including a new flagship-level Harris Teeter, an additional ~10,000 sq. ft. of retail, 732 multi-family apartment units, and a 5/8-acre public open space. The applicant proposes to re-zone a portion of the site to R-C, Multiple-family Dwelling and Commercial District,. In addition, it proposes to change the GLUP designation for 525 N. Thomas St. from “Low-Medium” Residential to “High-Medium” Residential Mixed-Use. Additional project details include:
Removing 600 N. Glebe Rd. (Harris Teeter) and 525 N. Thomas St. (119,089 sq. ft. total), from SP #72 and incorporating it into SP #315. Further, incorporating 616, 624, and 640 N. Glebe Road (ASC properties) into SP #315.
Major Site Plan Amendment:
- Site area of 269,558 sq. ft. (6.19 acres)
- Three (3) buildings, with residential and retail
- 3.16 FAR
- 732 residential units
- New Harris Teeter and ground-level retail (80,010 sq. ft. total)
- Three-level structured parking garages (965 parking spaces total)
- New public park (~0.625 acres)
- Extensions of N. Tazewell St. and N. Randolph St. into the site
- Reduce residential parking requirement below one space per unit
- Other modifications as necessary to achieve the site plan
- From C-O-2.5, C-2, RA8-18, and SD districts to R-C
- From “Low-Medium” Residential to “High-Medium” Residential Mixed-Use for 525 N. Thomas St.
- Revised Multimodal Transportation Assessment (May 21, 2019)
- Revised 4.1 Site Plan application (April 8, 2019):
- 4.1 Site Plan application (November 27, 2018):
Public Open Space Design Process Materials
- Project page
- Open House #1: July 23, 2019 from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- Online Survey: open July 23 through August 6, 2019
- Open House #2: Sept. 23, 2019 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the MedStar Capitals Iceplex
Site Plan Review Committee
- SPRC #1 (April 29, 2019) - Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- SPRC #2 (June 27, 2019) - Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- SPRC #3 (July 22, 2019) - Staff Report |Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- North Quincy Street Plan Addendum (2013)
- General Land Use Plan (GLUP)
- Zoning Ordinance
- Urban Design: Educational Materials
- October 2017: Conceptual Review Memo
- Note: This is a staff review of the applicant's Concept Plan, which does not include the detail of a 4.1 Site Plan. Issues raised by staff in the Concept Plan review may have been resolved prior to the 4.1 application.