The 5.35 acre site is located in Ballston on the block generally bounded by Wilson Boulevard to the north, N. Quincy Street to the west, Fifth Road to the south and N. Randolph Street to the east.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The Applicant, the Shooshan Company proposes a site plan amendment to the Founder’s Square site plan (SP #413). The site plan approved by the County Board in 2008 and amended in 2011 permits construction of a mix of uses on the site allocated among five buildings. To date, four of the five buildings have been constructed and include: a 13-story secure office building (DARPA), 17-story multifamily residential building (The View), 11-story Residence Inn hotel building, and a single story retail building. The Applicant requests the site plan amendment to change the use of the remaining approved, un-built building. This would include a 20-story office building with ground floor retail at the corner of Wilson and Randolph with a 22-story vertical mixed use building to include ground and second story retail, 8 stories of office and 12 stories of residential. The vertical mixed use building is proposed on top of an existing below grade garage of 5 levels and 544 parking spaces.
Additional Project Details:
- Change in Use of 419,830 sf office GFA and 7,670 sf retail GFA to 191,300 sf office GFA, 33,400 sf retail GFA and 244 residential units.
- Request Zoning Ordinance modifications for density exclusions, height and residential parking ratio.
- Addition of a loading bay on N. Randolph Street
- 4040 Wilson 4.1 Application
- 4040 Wilson 4.1 Civil Plans | 4040 Wilson 4.1 Landscape Plans | 4040 Wilson 4.1 Architecture Plans
- July 16, 2016 - County Board: Agenda (Item #54) | Staff Presentation | Board Report | Supplemental Report | Attachment (Drawings) | Letter from the Planning Commission | Letter from the Public |Meeting Minutes
Site Plan Review Committee
- May 16, 2016 - SPRC: Staff Report |SPRC_Staff_Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- May 26, 2016 - SPRC: Staff Report | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary