The 39,632 sq. ft. (0.92 acres) site is located at 400 11th St. S., in the Crystal City neighborhood and adjacent to the Aurora Highlands neighborhood. The site contains a Verizon telecommunications facility, and is bordered by the Lenox Club apartment building and DoubleTree hotel to the east, and bounded by 12th Street South, South Eads Street and right-of-way for old South Eads Street, and 11th Street South.
This project was approved by the County Board on Oct. 19, 2019.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, 12th Street Apartments L/Cal LLC (LCOR), proposes redevelopment of the site to construct a new multifamily residential building with ground floor retail space. The site is comprised of two parcels with the existing Verizon telecommunications facility to remain.
Additional project details include:
- Request to rezone the site from RA-H-3.2, Multiple-Family Dwelling and Hotel District, to C-O-Crystal City, Mixed Use Crystal City District
- New 19-story multifamily building, with
- 306 units
- 10,653 sq. ft. of ground floor retail
- 149 parking spaces
- Proposed modifications for
- Required parking (0.44 spaces per unit, exclusive of visitor parking)
- Additional density as provided under the Zoning Ordinance
- Site plan improvements and public amenities, including
- Proposed LEED Silver certification
- Public Art contribution
- Utility Fund contribution
- Streetscape improvements
- 4.1 Site Plan Final Submission (April 1, 2019)
Site Plan Review Committee
- May 16, 2019 SPRC Meeting #1: Agenda/Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- June 13, 2019 SPRC Meeting #2: Agenda/Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Crystal City BID Presentation | Meeting Summary
- July 18, 2019 SPRC Meeting #3: Agenda/Staff Report (Revised) | Applicant Presentation
Related Plans and Processes
- This site is located within the Crystal City Sector Plan area. Learn more about the Crystal City Sector Plan.
For updates about this particular project, subscribe: