The 39,632 sq. ft. (0.92 acres) site is located at 400 11th St. S., in the Crystal City neighborhood and adjacent to the Aurora Highlands neighborhood. The site contains a Verizon telecommunications facility, and is bordered by the Lenox Club apartment building and DoubleTree hotel to the east, and bounded by 12th Street South, South Eads Street and right-of-way for old South Eads Street, and 11th Street South.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
About the Project
The applicant, 12th Street Apartments L/Cal LLC (LCOR), proposes redevelopment of the site to construct a new multifamily residential building with ground floor retail space. The site is comprised of two parcels with the existing Verizon telecommunications facility to remain.
Additional project details include:
- Request to rezone the site from RA-H-3.2, Multiple-Family Dwelling and Hotel District, to C-O-Crystal City, Mixed Use Crystal City District
- New 19-story multifamily building, with
- 306 units
- 10,653 sq. ft. of ground floor retail
- 149 parking spaces
- Proposed modifications for
- Required parking (0.44 spaces per unit, exclusive of visitor parking)
- Additional density as provided under the Zoning Ordinance
- Site plan improvements and public amenities, including
- Proposed LEED Silver certification
- Public Art contribution
- Utility Fund contribution
- Streetscape improvements
- 4.1 Site Plan Final Submission (April 1, 2019)
Site Plan Review Committee
- May 16, 2019 SPRC Meeting #1: Agenda/Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- June 13, 2019 SPRC Meeting #2: Agenda/Staff Report | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation | Crystal City BID Presentation | Meeting Summary
- July 18, 2019 SPRC Meeting #3: Agenda/Staff Report (Revised) | Applicant Presentation
Related Plans and Processes
- This site is located within the Crystal City Sector Plan area. Learn more about the Crystal City Sector Plan.
For updates about this particular project, subscribe: