2nd Street S. at S Wayne, Uhle and Wise Streets (Penrose neighborhood)
Construction is complete and plantings are finished.
Construction is anticipated to commence in late summer or fall.
August, 2019 Update: The Notice to Proceed was given to the contractor, Sagres, for August 20, 2019.
About the Project
- The street improvement and intersection project is proposed to reconfigure the intersection at 2nd Street S with S Uhle and S wise Streets to simplify traffic movements and eliminate the slip lane in front of 7-11.
- Install new ADA compliant ramps.
- Upgrades will be made to the stormwater and drainage systems.
- Create a new bio-retention facility in the resulting green space by the elimination of the slip lane in front of the existing 7-11. The two existing driveway access points to 7-11 will remain.
- Relocate the existing Penrose neighborhood sign within the new green space.
- Install a corner curb extension on the southeast corner of 2nd Street S and S Wayne Street.
- Install high visibility crosswalks across 2nd Street S.
- Create a seating area in the new green space with benches or a picnic table.