24th Street North from the intersection with North Rockingham Street, extending to North Sycamore Street and Lee Highway.
About the Project
- A new, larger-size storm sewer pipe will be installed to address historical flooding issues in this area. The existing 60- and 72-inch storm sewer pipes will be upgraded with the addition of 850 linear feet of 60-inch storm sewer pipes. 14 new storm structures will also be installed in the area from North Rockingham Street to N. Sycamore Street.
- The sanitary sewer pipe, which carries wastewater from homes to the wastewater treatment plant, will also be upgraded.
- In addition to the needed storm sewer capacity increases, the existing 6-inch water lines built in the early 1950’s will be replaced with new 8-inch pipe. This new pipe will enhance the performance and reliability of the County’s water distribution system along 24th Street North and N. Rockingham Street.
- There will be traffic disruptions and some temporary sidewalk detours. Temporary sewer service will be established for any affected properties in the work area. Driveway aprons in the area should not be impacted.
- Construction will last approximately 1 year.
|August 17, 2016||Email and letter update provided to civic association and residents living near the construction area|
|July 27, 2016||Email update provided to civic association regarding award of construction contract at July 16, 2016 Board meeting.|
|June 17, 2016||Email update provided to civic association regarding bid process status.|
|October 3, 2013||Tuckahoe Elementary School,|
|Oct. 4, 2012||Tuckahoe Elementary School,|