Located on Wilson Boulevard at the intersection of North Adams Street, one block from the Courthouse Metro Station and across from the Courthouse Building. It’s just south of Key Elementary School.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant/owner/developer is Otter Wilson Boulevard, LLC.
- 8-story office building with ground floor retail;
- Future, standalone retail pavilion;
- 6,800 square feet for a childcare facility;
- 2,000 square feet of space for a publicly accessible conference center; and
- Publicly accessible open space and pedestrian walkway.
Clean Technology Center: An eight-story office building will include 150,002 square feet of office, 7,812 square feet of ground floor retail, a 7,000-square-foot childcare facility and a 5,600-square-foot conference center. A stand-alone, one-story retail pavilion planned for a future phase of the project would provide an additional 6,183 of square feet of retail. The building will contain a glass curtain wall of light blue solar glass on the front facing Wilson Boulevard and the County’s government center. To minimize impact to Lyon Village, located directly behind the proposed development, the building tapers and steps down from around the fifth floor on the side facing the neighborhood.
- Community benefits: The development will offer a daycare center for those who live and work in the Courthouse Station area and the surrounding community. The conference center will be available to civic associations and the County for meetings on a space-available basis.
- Sustainable design: The office building will be LEED GOLD and ENERGY STAR certified under the County’s Green Building Density Incentive program. The development will achieve 20 percent energy savings by utilizing green design features, energy efficient equipment in the building and a roof with plants and trees that will provide insulation.
- Transportation improvements and parking plan: The developer plans to contribute $1.6 million toward the cost of improving the Courthouse Metro Station elevators. The development is located across from the Courthouse Metro Station and public transit is easily accessible along Wilson Boulevard. Parking is available through an underground parking garage with 265 spaces and 48 bicycle spaces.
This proposal was discussed at five meetings with the Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC). County staff continues to work with the community to address and respond to concerns.