The site is at the northwest corner of Crystal Drive and 23rd Street South.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
About the Project
The applicant proposes to rezone the site to “C-O-Crystal City”, demolish the existing 223 23rd Street and 2250 Crystal Drive retail building, and construct two new buildings:
- A 31-story residential building with approximately 520,000 square feet of multi-family residential (approximately 645 units) and 20,000 square feet of ground floor retail.
- A 24-story office building with approximately 520,000 square feet of office and 15,000 square feet of ground floor retail.
Modifications from the Zoning Ordinance for additional density over the base, exclusions from density, provision of open space, parking ratio and building height are requested.
To accomplish the above proposed project the applicant has filed the following applications:
- A Crystal City Block Plan;
- A Site Plan Amendment to SP #11 to withdraw the subject site from SP #11;
- A Rezoning application for the site to C-O-Crystal City; and
- A new site plan application for the above two buildings.