The site is bordered by Lee Highway, I-66, N. Veitch Street, and 20th Street North.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant proposes a rezoning, a General Land Plan (GLUP) amendment and construction of 188 residential units and 13,500 square feet of retail space. Most of the site is currently developed with the former Bergmann’s Dry Cleaning plant, constructed in the 1950s. Dry cleaning operations were moved out of Arlington and the building and site is used only for pick-up and drop-off of dry cleaning. The east site is currently developed with five early 20th Century single-family detached dwellings that have long been rental housing.
Proposed project details:
- Develop 188 total dwelling units and 13,500 square feet of retail on two parcels divided by N. Uhle Street. The east parcel will contain a 10-story apartment building with 165-dwelling units and the west parcel will have a mixed-use building consisting of one level of retail and one level of apartments above (over two levels of mostly-underground parking) and stacked flats surrounding the upper level of parking;
- Vacate a dead-end segment of the 2100 block of 21st Street North, totaling 3,870 square feet of County right-of-way;
- Amend the General Land Use Plan (GLUP) to redesignate the total 1.86-acre site from “Low-Medium” Residential to “Low” Office-Apartment-Hotel; and
- Rezone the entire site from “C-2” and “R-5” to “C-O-1.5.”
- Dec. 8, 2012 - County Board: Agenda (Item #26) | Board Report A | Board Report B | Board Report C, D, E | Attachment | Letters from the Public | Letters from the Public | Planning Commission Letter | Letter from the Public | Meeting Minutes (Item #26)
- Sept. 20, 2012 - SPRC: Drawings
- May 10, 2012 - SPRC: Applicant Presentation
- April 19, 2012 - SPRC: Drawings
- Feb. 13, 2012 - SPRC: Drawings