The 2.79-acre site is comprised of 9 parcels and is located at the corner of North Taylor Street and Lee Highway in the Waverly Hills neighborhood. The site is bordered by the Horizon Apartments (north), Yorktown Condominiums (west), North Taylor Street (east) and Lee Highway (south).
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
About the Project
The applicant, Artis Senior Living of Arlington, LLC, proposes a rezoning and a new major site plan to demolish the existing vacant single-family homes and build a senior living facility.
Additional project details include:
- Rezoning of all 9 parcels from various RA zones to RA8-18 (multiple-family dwelling district)
- Construction of a 6-story 175-unit general assisted living facility with 80 memory care units and 95 assisted living units (new site plan)
- 109 proposed parking spaces to be located in partially below-grade parking garage (0.62 spaces per unit)
- Requested modifications of Zoning Ordinance requirements for front setbacks and lot coverage
- Public open space on corner of Lee Highway and North Taylor Street
Site Plan Review Committee
- SPRC #1: December 12, 2019
- SPRC #2: January 6, 2020 (tentative)