20th Road North from North Utah Street to North Vermont Street (Waverly Hills Neighborhood)
About the Project
- Completion of the missing sidewalk section from #2036 N Utah St (west side) to the open-space/play area at Waverly Village/Gables Apartments on 20th Road N (north side). On street parking will be retained on both sides, except where prohibited for traffic engineering ordinance reasons.
- 5'-0" wide concrete sidewalk adjacent to a 5'-0" utility (grass) strip for street tree installation.
- All street tree installation work will be implemented at the end of construction, and as designed by the NC Landscape Architect.
- Steep grade areas will have stone retaining walls of varying heights, as applicable.
- Nub with disability access ramps along the frontage of Woodstock Park at N Vermont St, to reduce crossing distances to the north and south sides of 20th Road N.
- Complete asphalt street reconstruction and pavement milling/paving.
- LED Carlyle-style streetlights will replace existing DVP-owned Cobra streetlights.
- The narrowed roadway will maintain two travel lanes, one in each direction, but will be considered a yield street, when any curb-to-curb widths are less than 30’.