Explore the project site through a Virtual Walking Tour (coming soon).
The 0.57-acre (24,980 sq. ft.) site is located between Wilson Boulevard to the north and Clarendon Boulevard to the south in the Radnor/Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood. The site is also bordered by North Courthouse Road (east), and the 2001 Clarendon Apartments (west).
This reports the status related to Site Plan Review Process only (Administrative Regulation 4.1).
This request for new development will supersede the 2015 site plan approval.
About the Project
The applicant, Greystar, proposes to develop the site (“Wendy’s Site”) with a 16-story mixed-use building, consisting of ground floor retail and residential dwelling units above. The project includes a 104,789 sq. ft. Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) from Site Plan #417 (“Wakefield Manor”). The Applicant also proposes a public pedestrian plaza at the intersection of N. Courthouse Road, Wilson Boulevard, and Clarendon Boulevard of approximately 3,279 square feet.
- Applicant Overview of the Proposal (coming soon)
- Staff Presentation on Background and Zoning (coming soon)
Additional project details include:
- “New” Site Plan (C-O-2.5 district):
- 16-story residential building, with ground level retail
- 231 total residential units
- 4,000 sq. ft. of retail GFA
- 0.32 parking spaces per dwelling unit
- Site Plan infrastructure and improvements include:
- New public plaza
- Utility fund contribution
- Streetscape improvements
- Public art contribution
- Affordable housing contribution
- LEED Gold certification
September 24, 2020
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Leonardo Sarli: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
|July 12, 2021||Site Plan Acceptance||
|TBD||Site Plan Review Kickoff||
|Anticipated Sept. 2021||Online Engagement Opportunity
Review Focus: land use, building massing, architecture, open space / landscaping, transportation
|Anticipated Oct. 2021||Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting||
|Anticipated Nov. 2021||Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting||
|TBD||Transportation Commission Meeting||
|TBD||Planning Commission Meeting
|TBD||County Board Meeting
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.