19th Road North from North Woodstock Street to North Upton Street (Waverly Hills Neighborhood)
About the Project
- The existing concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk along 19th Rd N will remain, between N Woodstock St and the intersection with N Vermont St and N Upland St, and on street parking will be retained on both sides, except at nubs and tree nubs or where prohibited for traffic engineering ordinance reasons.
- Traffic calming, beautification, concrete maintenance and pedestrian access improvements will be added on 19th Rd N, between N Woodstock St and the intersection with N Vermont St and N Upland St, including tree nubs and disability access ramp improvements
- The existing intersection of 19th Rd N with N Vermont St and N Upland St, and up to 20th St N will be narrowed and reconstructed with a normalized alignment, including improved sidewalks, disability access ramps, tree installation and stormwater drainage improvements.
- All tree installation will be implemented at the end of construction, and as designed by the NC Landscape Architect.
- 19th Rd N, between N Upland St and N Upton St will be narrowed along the south side, and a new sidewalk with varying widths from 5’ to 6’ will be added there. A utility (grass) strip will also be included adjacent to the sidewalk within a part of these limits. On street parking will be retained on both sides within these limits.
- LED Carlyle-style streetlights will replace existing DVP-owned Colonial streetlights.
- The narrowed roadway will maintain two travel lanes, one in each direction, but will be considered a yield street, when curb-to-curb or tree nub widths are less than 30’.