Address: 1900 S. Eads St.
A new residential building is proposed for the southwest corner of 18th Street South and South Eads Street.
Update: A request for a new residential infill development at the Crystal Houses site was submitted in March 2019 that will supersede the 2017 site plan approval featured on this webpage.
About the Project
The owner of Crystal Houses proposes to construct a new 5-story, 252-unit apartment building on an existing surface parking lot, including 424 underground parking spaces. 252 spaces will be allocated to the tenants of the new building, and the remainder are to replace the existing surface parking lot. In addition, the developer proposes to dedicate approximately 31,000 sq. ft. as a public park. No rezoning or land use plan change is requested.
- 252 apartment units
- 5 stories (59 feet in height)
- 498 new underground parking spaces (0.98 space per dwelling unit), including replacements for loss of surface spaces
- 31,000 sq. ft. park to be dedicated to the public in easement
- Oct. 13, 2017: Civil Plans|Architectural Plans|Tree Protection Plan|Landscape Plan
- May 23, 2017: Revised Civil |Revised Landscape | Traffic Impact Analysis |TIA Appendix
- Feb. 6, 2017 - 4.1 Plans: Civil | Architectural | Landscape
County Board Hearing
- Nov. 18, 2017: Agenda (Item #46) | Board Report | Staff Presentation | Board Report Supplemental Report | Board Report #46B | Letter from the Planning Commission | Letter from the Public | Meeting Minutes
Site Plan Review Committee
- Sept. 11, 2017: Applicant presentation Architecture Revisions Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 |Open Space|Wrap-Up|Meeting summary
- July 31, 2017: Applicant Presentation (transportation)|Architecture Revisions|Meeting Summary
- July 10, 2017: Meeting Summary
- Nov. 2006 - Related County Board approval: Agenda Item