Addresses: 1800 S. Bell St, 1801 S. Bell St, 1901 S. Bell St, 1999 Richmond Highway (U.S. Route 1) and 1851 S. Bell St (1900 Crystal Drive).
The new site plan area of 158,767 sq. ft. (3.64 acres) is bounded by 18th Street South to the north, Crystal Drive to the east, 20th Street South to the south, and South Bell Street to the west.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
This request for new residential development will supersede the 2012 site plan approval.
About the Project
CESC Mall Land LLC (“the applicant”) proposes to remove site area from Site Plan #56, rezone portions of the property from the C-O to the C-O-Crystal City district, and construct two new mixed-use towers and interior, “mid-block” ground-level retail under a new Site Plan (SP #421).
Additional details include:
- Total gross floor area (GFA) of 799,871 sq. ft.
- 759,519 sq. ft. of residential (790 units total)
- 40,352 sq. ft. of retail
- 2 residential towers with ground floor retail
- South Tower (443 units; 27 stories)
- North Tower (347 units; 26 stories)
- New interior streets
- Ground-level mid-block retail
- 1,753 parking spaces (entire block)
- 553 residential spaces (0.7 per unit)
- Additional density for LEED Silver certification
- Total floor area ratio (FAR) of 5 FAR
- 4.1 Site Plan application (July 3, 2019):
Long Range Planning Committee (LRPC)
Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC)
- SPRC #1 (Oct. 29, 2019) - Agenda and Staff Report | Staff Presentation |Applicant Presentation | Meeting Summary
- SPRC #2 (Nov. 14, 2019) - Agenda and Staff Report | Applicant Presentation | Walking Tour Map | Consolidated Public Correspondence | Meeting Summary
- SPRC #3 (Dec. 19, 2019)
- Crystal City Sector Plan
- Crystal City - Planning At A Glance
- Original J-K Block Plan
- Expired Site Plan (SP #421)
- Conceptual Site Plan Review Memo (Feb. 2017)
- Note: This is a staff review of the applicant's Concept Plan, which does not include the detail of a 4.1 Site Plan. Issues raised by staff in the Concept Plan review may have been resolved prior to the 4.1 application.