Crystal City Sector Plan Area
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, Vornado/Charles E. Smith, gained approval for a series of applications to develop a 24-story office building with ground floor retail use.
- Demolish the Mall III office building (401,935 square feet); and
- Replace it with a 24-story building consisting of ground floor retail (11,290 square feet) and up to 719,704 square feet of office space.
This is the first site plan approved following the adoption of the Crystal City Sector Plan. In conformance with the provisions of the "C-O-Crystal City" zoning district, the applicant also filed a Crystal City Block Plan, which analyzes options for ultimate redevelopment of the entire block. The block plan was also adopted by the County Board in Sept. 2012.
- Sept. 15, 2012 - County Board: Agenda (Item #40) | Board Report A | Board Report B-E | Attachment | Supplemental Report-Revised Ordinances and Conditions | Attachment 2 (Crystal City Block Plan Revised) | Planning Commission Letter | Letter from the Public | Meeting Minutes (Agenda Item #40)
- Sept. 15, 2012 - CBO: Staff Report | Supplemental Staff Report | Site Plan Drawings
- May 10, 2012 - SPRC: Applicant Presentation
- Apr. 12, 2012 - SPRC: Agenda
- March 26, 2012 - SPRC: Images | Applicant Images
- Feb. 21, 2012 - SPRC: Block Plan | Images