Explore this project site through a virtual walking tour.
The 1.8-acre (78,671-sq.-ft.) site is located at 1820 Fort Myer Drive in the Radnor/Fort Myer Heights neighborhood. The site is bordered by North Nash Street (north), Fort Myer Drive (east), the Hyatt Centric Arlington hotel (south) and North Nash Street (west). The site is adjacent to the Rosslyn Metrorail station.
This project was approved by the County Board on January 23, 2021.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, Ames Center LC (Snell Properties), propose a site plan amendment to construct two new residential towers with ground floor retail space. Project details:
- Request to rezone the site from C-O, Mixed Use District, to C-O-Rosslyn, Mixed Use Rosslyn District
- New mixed-use development with 740 total residential units within 30-story and 31-story towers consisting of:
- 10,146 sq. ft. of retail space
- 8,291 sq. ft. of commercial office or retail space
- Up to 225 units proposed for interim hotel use for the first 5 years
- 16,633 sq. ft. associated with the redeveloped church and 7,855 sq. ft. associated with redeveloped fueling station
- 574 parking spaces in below grade and above grade structured parking
- Proposed modifications for:
- Required residential parking (0.72 spaces per unit)
- Compact parking percentage
- Required loading spaces
- Mechanical penthouse height
- Density exclusions
- Additional density as provided under the Zoning Ordinance
- Site plan improvements and public amenities, including:
- Affordable housing contribution
- Committed on-site affordable housing units
- Cash contribution for off-site transportation improvements
- LEED certification
- Public Art contribution
- Utility Fund contribution
- Streetscape improvements
December 18, 2020 (Revised)
March 6, 2020
- Applicant materials
- Site plan drawings (civil, landscape, architecture)
- LEED v4 New Construction Scorecard (March 24, 2020)
- Preliminary Energy Model Report (April 6, 2020)
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Jane Siegel, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
||Site Plan Acceptance|
|February 24||Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting|
|July 16 – July 23||Online Engagement Opportunity
Review Focus: Transportation, Open Space, Construction Implementation, Community Benefits
|September 17||Virtual Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting||
|January 11||Planning Commission Meeting
|January 23||County Board Meeting
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.
Related Plans and Processes
- This site is located within the Rosslyn Sector Plan planning area.