Explore this project site through a virtual walking tour.
The 1.8-acre (78,671-sq.-ft.) site is located at 1820 Fort Myer Drive in the Radnor/Fort Myer Heights neighborhood. The site is bordered by North Nash Street (north), Fort Myer Drive (east), the Hyatt Centric Arlington hotel (south) and North Nash Street (west). The site is adjacent to the Rosslyn Metrorail station.
This reports the status related to Site Plan Review Process only (Administrative Regulation 4.1).
About the Project
The applicant, Ames Center LC (Snell Properties), propose a site plan amendment to construct two new residential towers with ground floor retail space. Project details:
- Request to rezone the site from C-O, Mixed Use District, to C-O-Rosslyn, Mixed Use Rosslyn District
- New mixed-use development with 740 total residential units within 30-story and 31-story towers consisting of:
- 8,023 sq. ft. of retail space
- 11,103 sq. ft. of commercial office or retail space
- 200-225 units proposed for interim hotel use for the first 2-5 years
- 24,257 sq. ft. associated with the existing church and fueling station
- 574 parking spaces in below grade and above grade structured parking
- Proposed modifications for:
- Required residential parking (0.72 spaces per unit) and compact parking ratio
- Required loading spaces
- Density exclusions
- Additional density as provided under the Zoning Ordinance
- Site plan improvements and public amenities, including:
- Affordable housing contribution
- LEED certification
- Public Art contribution
- Utility Fund contribution
- Streetscape improvements
March 6, 2020
- Applicant materials
- Site plan drawings (civil, landscape, architecture)
- LEED v4 New Construction Scorecard (March 24, 2020)
- Preliminary Energy Model Report (April 6, 2020)
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Jane Siegel, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
||Site Plan Acceptance|
|February 24||Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting|
|July 16 – July 23||Online Engagement Opportunity
Review Focus: Transportation, Open Space, Construction Implementation, Community Benefits
|September 17||Virtual Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting||
|TBD – Fall||Planning Commission Meeting
|TBD – Fall||County Board Meeting
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.
Related Plans and Processes
- This site is located within the Rosslyn Sector Plan planning area.