13th St N – Kirkwood Road to N. Johnson St/N. Jackson St (Lyon Village)
Construction is expected to begin in the summer/fall of 2020
About the Project
- This is a pedestrian safety and street improvement project proposed to include curb, gutter and a 4-ft wide sidewalk on the south side of 13th St N. from Kirkwood Rd to N. Johnson St, extending up to property at 1210 N. Johnson St, curb and gutter only on the north side of 13th St N., and a 4-inch mountable header curb at the back of properties at 1302 and 1306 N. Jackson St, including possible retaining walls at properties 1301, 3301, 3316 and 1221.
- Improvements will include ADA compliant pedestrian ramps and driveway apron upgrades.
- A 6-ft wide pedestrian sidewalk refuge in the south side median on Kirkwood Rd and 13th St N; including a potential bio-retention in the median, ramp upgrade at the southwest corner of 13th St N. and Kirkwood Road.
- A drainage analysis will be performed during the final design and storm sewer structures and mains may be added accordingly.
- Full depth roadway replacement may occur as needed throughout the project limits and as determined through the detailed design.
- Milling and paving of the roadway will be completed where needed in all other areas within the project limits.
- Due to the topography of 13th St N. and the limited right of way, “signs warning about Narrow Street ahead will be designated” at 13th St N. and Kirkwood Rd, N. Johnson St and 13th St N. and at 13th St N. and on the SE corner of N. Johnson St.
- Parking on either side of 13th St N. will not be permitted.